Welcome to the Terminal 5 Improvements Project online site.
The Port of Seattle, through The Northwest Seaport Alliance (NWSA), a marine cargo partnership between the Port of Seattle and the Port of Tacoma, has approved a project to upgrade Terminal 5 to handle ultra-large container ships with a capacity of up to 18,000 containers.
The Terminal 5 Project will enhance and maintain the competitiveness of the region’s trade gateway and provide economic benefits including jobs, market access for exports grown and made in the region, and imports beneficial to the regional and national economy. Construction began in July 2019.
Construction update: The contractor for Terminal 5 will conduct Saturday pile driving through the end of the in-water work period on February 15. Regulations permit Saturday pile driving from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pile driving is permitted on two Sundays during each in-water work period (Aug. 15 to Feb. 15). Hours of Sunday pile driving are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The contractor for the Terminal 5 project has decided to postpone the pile driving scheduled for Sunday, February 2, until Sunday, February 9.
How to use the online site:
- Visit the tabbed “stations” to learn more about the project.
- Updates about current construction activities are posted on the "Construction" station.
If you need the assistance of an interpreter at the next Port of Seattle public event, or want to receive a response to a question in your native language, please call the Port’s Language Help Line:
- Para español, llame al (206) 787-3797 y marque 1.
- Để sử dụng tiếng Việt, gọi số (206) 787-3797 và nhấn phím 2
- Soomaali, wac (206) 787-3797, kadib riix 3.
- សម្រាប់ភាសាខ្មែរ សូមហៅទូរសព្ទមកលេខ (206) 787-3797 ហើយចុចលេខ 4។
- For other languages, call (206) 787-3797 and press 5.